Solutions to Urban Challenges
UNITAC Hamburg is excited to announce an open call for innovative projects that contribute to smart cities being more people-centered – smart cities where technology is applied carefully and strategically to leave no one behind. We believe in the power of well-managed and inclusive digital transformation to achieve urban sustainability. Through an urban technology acceleration approach, our goal is to improve the quality of life in cities, especially for marginalized communities.
For this open call, UNITAC invites organizations to submit project ideas that address the most pressing urban challenges with data or technology solutions.
Do you work towards improving service delivery and quality of life in informal settlements? Are you addressing cities’ resilience to shocks and stresses, and strengthening urban climate adaptation or mitigation measures? Do you support cities to recover from crises, such as conflicts or disasters? Do you strengthen co-creation and engagement of communities and citizens in policy-making?
We are looking forward to hearing about your ideas on how to address these challenges with data or technology solutions. In this open call, we seek projects that:
- address indicators of SDG 11 or other urban-related SDGs,
- address people-centered smart cities pillars,
- improve quality of life in cities, especially for marginalized communities,
- are future-oriented, addressing emerging challenges,
- have tangible tools, data or technology solutions as outcomes,
- can be replicated in other cities, countries or regions,
- are demand-driven,
- are innovative, e.g. integrating artistic practices,
- integrate postcolonial perspectives,
- advance gender equality,
- are feasible and can be implemented with the available UNITAC resources.