Within delegated authority, the Digital Strategist will be responsible for the following:
• Oversees standardization of application programme interfaces (APIs) by United Nations Sustainable Development Group (UNSDG) members and United Nations Country Teams (UNCT) to advance data interoperability for communications and open data.
• Introduces continuous improvements to United Nations Sustainable Development Group (UNSDG) visibility, especially in the digital realm.
• Serves as the substantive secretariat for UNSDG task teams related to communications and advocacy, including website coordination with other Sustainable Development Group members and UN Country Team websites.
• Acts as focal point for joint communications matters in Resident Coordinator Offices and UN Country Teams for one or more regions (Latin America and the Caribbean, Africa, Europe and CIS, Asia and the Pacific)
• Initiates improvements to Communicating as One and joint UN advocacy activities by UNDCO regional desks and UN Country teams (UNCT).
• Identifies trends, pilots new and emerging digital technologies and assesses their applicability to Resident Coordinator (RC) System communications.
• Develops and rolls out joint UN communication tools at country level to increase the use of real-time public engagement, inputs and monitoring of United Nations Development Assistance Frameworks (UNDAFs), including through digital surveys and other participatory methods.
• Pursues, promotes and manages partnerships to increase awareness of and engagement on the UNSDG contribution to 2030 Agenda for sustainable development, including the Sustainable Development Goal Action Campaign.
• Supervises the work of the website and social media analyst.
• Keeps abreast of latest emerging trends and innovative approaches in focus area.
• Identifies sources and seeks funding and other assistance for communications needs. Develops strategic partnerships with key constituencies to elicit support for and maximize impact of promotional objectives; supports the principal spokesperson/ liaison on results reporting to governmental bodies, national groups, private sector organizations, educational organizations, international organizations, etc.
• Drafts complex material for a range of UN channels, online and others, including newsletters, periodicals, reports and books and edits drafts prepared by junior officers.
• Evaluates results and impact of communications activities; reports on developments, trends and attitudes regarding the UN.
• Represents UNDCO in meetings and conferences; fulfills speaking engagements and makes presentations to groups on UNSDG activities and results.
• Builds information networks; plans and oversees maintenance of publicly accessible information materials on UNDCO digital products.
• Manages publications programme; produces materials for print/electronic/voice/visual media, in coordination with Results Reporting Officer and other UN DCO team members.
• Assists in the day-to-day operation of the unit to include participating in coordination of substantive and administrative activities of the unit, interpreting and disseminating policy, providing procedural advice, improving reporting systems, handling operational and administrative queries, preparing budget submissions, establishing and/or coordinating training programmes and monitoring and evaluating results.
• Performs other related duties, as required.
To learn more and to apply, please click.